Keeping your spoons for Christmas
From the stress of getting the perfect presents, the decorating, the travel, the food, and the socialization. Holidays can be chaotic and stressful for everyone but with chronic illness the hustle and bustle can really take it’s toll. Having a chronic illness doesn’t mean you have to use all your spoons to participate in the holiday cheer.
Simple ways to celebrate the holidays and keep your spoons
- Listen to holiday music
- Use simple decor such as holiday themed pillows/blankets, pre-made wreaths, winter scented candles, wrapped candy canes (bonus if they’re kept in a cool place they can be used again)
- Skip the tree and put your ornaments in a fancy bowl
- Forgo wrapping paper and use tissue paper and gift bags for presents
- Show your cheer with comfy holiday or winter themed accessories/slippers/clothing
- Buy pre-made food/baked goods or holiday candy for holiday celebrations
Wishing you a warm holiday with lots of spoons!!